Thursday, September 06, 2007

How Much is that Doggie in the Window?

I was telling Alex that I hadn't posted for a few days because I haven't been in blogging mindset. He proceeded to tell me I have blogeria. Before reaching for the Pepto Bismol, I asked him to please 'splain himself.

Apparently blogeria (I'm not even sure how to spell this one) is when you need to blog and don't know what to blog about. This seems a bit backwards to me, I would think it's when you have way to much to blog about and need to get to a computer... now!
Apparently, with blogeria it's speaks more about the product than the action. Blogeria is when you just type without anything to write about - speaking more in terms of the "quality" of the blog. Now, aren't you glad you've taken the time to come by.


Soooooooooo, mulling over my "problem" with my son, he decided to teach me how to use his web cam to take a picture. With this in mind, I decided to show you why I never became a beautician (or at least a dog groomer).

I was clipping our pekepoo a few weeks ago and half way through the clippers stopped clipping... lovely. At this moment I'm faced with three alternatives.

1) Take her to a groomer to finish. ($30 for half of a dog? Forget it.)

2) Leave her like that. (And let all of her friends make fun of her new haircut.)

3) Suck it up and forge onward. (Grab the scissors and go!)

Needless to say, I chose door number three...
Ding, Ding, Ding and tell her what she won Johnny!
Why it's a terrible headache and a dog that looks like it was run through a wood chipper Bob!
It was exhausting. Hinds sight I would have paid $100 to have someone else finish, but nonetheless, it was done.
Unfortunately for you - but fortunately for Pebbles - the hair has grown out from a few weeks ago. You can sort of still see one of the bald spots - that's right I said one of the bald spots -there were quite a few by the time I was finished. It's inside the yellow circle below. Now picture that spot as white as the floor she's standing on... and all over her body.


Poor thing.
















Below: Pebbles and yes, before you ask, she always looks like that.

She's smiling, can't you tell?


Rosie (7 year old Blue Heeler - better known as "Mama Rose")

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this blogeria, I know I feel better.

No comments: