Monday, November 16, 2009

I Heart the Container Store...


We went there this afternoon to look for some crates for storage.
It was awesome! Until today I have only been to one other Container Store when we were in Austin. I wasn't as impressed with it there. I'm not sure why. Clearly, I must have been running short on time... or was I? Could my family have been averting my attention to avoid spending Saturday afternoons at a store that could capture my attention for hours on end?

I have this thing for office supplies. I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me happier than finding funky file folders and colorful magnets.
The minute we walked in my family had this look as if they had been pulled into a black hole. The best part, I was shopping for some things we needed at church so they couldn't make me leave!
This is actually our day off and we were really supposed to be wandering the mall with the guys so, believe it or not, I did try to hurry. Did they appreciate that? I don't think so. They had this look as though someone had shoved bamboo shoots under their fingernails.
Try as I might to make them appreciate the grander of household items and the 101 ways that pasta can be stored, they weren't buying it.
Honestly... they didn't really complain when we were in the store.
Then how do I know this was such torture for them?
As we left the mall, I heard Brandon say that if a terrorist ever wanted to get information from him, they just needed to take him there. He would tell them anything they wanted to know.


Nice.
Next week, I am vowing to find An American Girls Doll store to take them to.


--

No comments: