Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Adorable...

This evening I went to meet a friend for coffee at Starbucks.
I was feeling very... blah and looked it too.


I ran late getting up this morning which means my hair was up and with all the rain we've been getting it's a little out of control with curls - not enough to be cute, but just enough to look like I don't take care of it. Not to mention I'm overdue for a color and cut. It's just... chaos.
I did, however, have time to put on a little make-up and run out the door. Which, of course, by now was faded and a bit "smeary".
To top it all off I feel absolutely ginormous as I've gained quite a bit of water weight over the last two months with some medication changes (I'm told that this too shall pass...).

Anywho, fast forward to this evening, disheveled hair, make-up done early - no time for touch up and feeling like I'm wearing saran wrap even though it's just a tank top and shorts... oh yeah baby, I'm feeling hot - like a hot mess.


Towards the end of the meeting I took a break to hit the bathroom, on the way there a very sweet lady stopped me and told me "I am adorable". Really? I even asked her to repeat herself, because I must have heard her wrong, but that's what she said. adorable. This lady clearly had the spiritual gift of compassion...

I suddenly felt very awkward and though I wanted to remind her to call the doc to get her eyes checked I graciously thanked her and went to the restroom.

I have several thoughts as to what spurred her to stop me and say this.
1) She saw what a mess I was and was compelled to make me feel better. Which makes me feel worse because my blah is showing. Which I know it is, but to the point that strangers are feeling pity... I can't even go there.
OR
2) She was clearly an angel sent by God to remind me that He loves me know matter how I feel about myself. That He sees beyond the way I look and feel... and to Him I am adorable.

Honestly, I usually default to something like option 1, but I think today, I'm going with option 2. There are many times God has shown me His love when I least expect it and when I need it most.





Oh and BTW, I looked up ginormous and not only is it a real word, it's been around awhile - circa 1948.


--

1 comment:

Desi Brown said...

Sweet Tammy you ARE adorable!! Option number 1 is a lie and always has been!