Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Titanic Memories

Have you ever slept laying the wrong way and then when you wake up you can't move, or even breath without pain? Judging from the way I'm feeling I must have done one major gymnastic set during the night. I've done this before, but nothing to this extent. I guess this is one way to have an impromptu day in bed with the heating pad.

My son and I ended up watching the movie Titanic all day. Yes, all day! It's a three and half hour movie (I think) not to mention the deleted scenes, easily four hours plus. Nothing like four hours of devastation to cheer you up. Strangely enough, it did just that. It reminds me of when my sister and I would literally run from one theater to the other to catch the next showing.
~ I should add to this that the nice thing about DVDs is that you can skip certain scenes. I don't want anyone to think I was sharing the WHOLE movie with my son.

I've always had an interest in the Titanic, so I guess it was a natural thing that I would be drawn to the movie. The pride, the heroism, the reality of all the feelings that everyone must have been having. What would you do if you knew you only had hours to live? I'm guessing not a whole heck of a lot when you're stuck in the middle of the Atlantic, but I digress...
I never thought my sister would watch it again after the first time I took her. She was crying so hard that the snot sucking could be heard over the dramatic theater music. I felt so bad as she bent down and her whole body shook with her tears. Oddly enough... she wanted to see it again, and again, and again, and again. We saw it so much, we actually tired of movie popcorn. Thankfully it was not a permanent disease, just caught from over exposure I guess.

Take care...

No comments: