Friday, July 25, 2008

Much tougher than I thought...





Well, to prepare my kids to get their licenses Matthew found an online practice test.

I found this out as we were driving to church one evening and he announced there was going to be in impromptu "pop quiz". Years of high school (no matter how long ago that was) have conditioned me to dread whatever comes next.
No worries though, this one was about driving. In the words of George Lopez, "I got this!"

Here we go...

If you're sitting in the middle lane (we were at a light) getting ready to make a left hand turn - which way should your tires be facing?
A. Straight ahead
B. The direction you are turning
C. Slightly in the opposite direction of your turn


The answer is clear to me... but maybe it's a trick question. Despite my wavering, I opted to go with B. Which, would be wrong. It's A - and if you got that right, here's a raspberry for ya - thbthbthbthb.

Of course, I am a hard sell and sure that the answer is B. So here I am ready to have a little "come to Jesus" moment with my husband. It has to be B, so that you can be ready for your turn, right?
I mean, clearly I would know. I've never had a traffic ticket of any kind and he, well he has.

While Matthew shared with the guys the reason for the answer, I was trying to figure out how I would tell him he was wrong and why!
This was when he shared with everyone that he found the online test and then he leaned closer to me and whispered that he failed it the first time he took it. Tooooo funny!

Alright, I took the defeat (for the moment) and decided I would go take this test myself. I may not have been a Chemistry genius in school, but "I got this!"

So today I took the test... I failed too! I think... I got a 76%. I'm guessing they don't want anyone with less than at least an 80% driving, though I could be wrong.
Part of the problem is that I over thought some of the questions. Sadly though, reality tells me that if I knew it, I wouldn't have had to think much at all.

Just in case you'd like to try here's the link -> Online Practice Test
Before you out of state bloggers give the excuse that this is a Colorado test, I want you to know that I learned to drive in Ohio and it can't be that much different than the one I took years ago. They're all the same laws that we've had to follow when we lived in several other states besides CO. No weird blizzard laws or mountain terrain. So if you were hoping to use that excuse, just know I already thought about it and it won't work. C'mon, it shouldn't be that hard. I gave you one of the answers.

Good luck!


--

4 comments:

To him said...

Wow Tammy, after trying to answer a few of these, I really shouldn't be driving.

DebonaBeach said...

I scored an 84% - 21 out of 25 right. And the 4 I missed were dumb! My answers would have worked just fine :-)

Tim Waters said...

LOL. I scored a 72

And I love the little red angry faces wagging their fingers at me for all the questions I got wrong.

Desi Brown said...

hey tammy my email address is desibrown@gmail.com

Hope you and the family are loving Colorado!!