Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Murphy's Law

I copied this from wikipedia:
Murphy's Law - things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance

How about, "things will break in any situation, if you give them a chance"

-- or better yet --

"multiple things will break in every situation, you don't even need to give them a chance"


Yes, this describes the last several days at the Haney household.

Monday, Early Afternoon (on our way to the Bob Bullock Museum no less) our car breaks down

Monday, Evening: The vacuum breaks (irreparably broken)

Tuesday, Afternoon: The washer breaks (mid rinse cycle)

Could this not have been spread out over a few months?
Actually, it's brought a new appreciation for the things we have/had.

For now... we will be creative.

The car? We have two legs and can walk almost anywhere, not to mention we have teens with bikes and backpacks for shopping. Not such a bad deal.

The vacuum, ok that sucks. HA! Sorry I couldn't help myself with the pun.
Ever tried to use a broom on a carpet? Me neither, this is a job for a teen.

The washer... time to find the washboard and the big metal tub. I hope the boys don't mind prune fingers. Their hands will be sooooo clean.



All kidding aside, it's not that awful. Also, aside from popular belief, I don't work my kids to death - you need only see their rooms to know it's true.
Reality check:
The car will be done on Friday and then I'll work on the rest. In the meantime, I don't have to go to the store, vacuum the house or do laundry. Why does that not sound as appealing as I thought it would?



--

2 comments:

Tim Waters said...

yuck..sounds like a messy week. Things always seem to happen in three's don't they?

Anonymous said...

Man, I can't wait till my kids get that old!!