Monday, March 10, 2008

Rainy Day in Austin...

It's a rainy day here in Austin so we decided to hide out indoors and just hang around the house. This seemed like a good opportunity for me to work with some of the things from my scrapbook collection. I love to purchase the supplies, but rarely do anything with them - ergo, my collection.

As I began sorting through this mountain of memories, I decided it was time to scan some old polaroids we have before they completely come apart.
The really fun part, they are pictures of Ben when he was first born. I haven't looked at these in years. Now seems like a good time to share a few of them with you.

Ben was born 8 weeks premature with intestinal issues.
Here is a pic of how his little life started.





Here he is a week or so later ready to eat anything he could get his hands on.
That diaper he has on is a preemie diaper. They are so tiny and yet they're so huge on him.







This is a picture of him about 2 weeks before he was ready to come home the second time. Benjamin was about 5 months old then.






It was a struggle, but what Ben went through changed the whole course of life for our entire family. When he came home from the hospital the second time, he had in-home nursing care. One of those nurses was Cheley, probably the sweetest lady I've ever met, who attended a church in Cincinnati. We decided to give church one more try and went to visit with her and... well, the rest is history.



--

2 comments:

Tim Waters said...

Whats the latest Tammy? His trip over yet?

Tammy said...

I'm so sorry, I owe and update on this. I'll try to get it done before the end of the week. :)