Friday, November 14, 2008

Bond... James, Bond

My son, the movie man, has been anxiously waiting two years for the new James Bond movie to come out. The big event finally arrived last night.

You may be thinking, "Wait, that didn't come out until today" and you would be correct... midnight to be exact.
Of course, if you're like me, you may be saying, "They made a new Bond?" But I digress...

Actually, we've had a lot of fun with midnight premieres over the years. One of my favorite evenings was the time we went to see Spiderman 3. Not because of the movie, but the whole experience. Midnight shows can be a lot of fun with your family. It's definitely not something you get to do all the time and it's a chance to do something completely out of the norm.

Last night it was just Matthew, Brandon, Alex, and Ben, as well as Luke and Jamie from church. Totally a guys night out.

I guess I should say this is also one of the benefits of homeschooling. Not many students can go see a movie on a Thursday evening and get home at 3:00 AM.
They worked hard on Thursday to get ahead on Fridays work and therefore, got to sleep in a little later.
Ben has an oral presentation at 1:00 PM today. I hope he does something about that bed-head. He's looking a bit worn for the wear.



So, what did I do with a whole night to myself?

I slept like a baby.

Great news though!
When Matthew got home, he woke me up and guess what???
It was snowing... *insert picture of a warm heart here*
:)


--

1 comment:

RCummins said...

That's usually what I think I'm going to do, but then I end up making popcorn, eating M&Ms and watching a chick-flick. LOL.