Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dilemma...


Alrighty, I've worked hard not to put much on my blog about the "rocks".

But I've come to a point, that I just need to vent a little.



Over the last few weeks I've fought sleep... well, constantly.

The meds they have me on for the kidney stones make me uber tired. There have been a few times I would sit at the computer and contemplate tapping into the wisdom of Tom and Jerry by putting toothpicks between my eyelids to keep them open.

'member that? (If you're under 30, you probably don't.)


So this evening (or yesterday evening) we went out to dinner with some friends and I didn't think twice about having iced tea. I thought the caffeine would help fight the effects of the meds, which in turn would help me be more alert so that I could enjoy the evening. That probably would have been a fabulous idea if I only had a glass or two... not six. Hey, I'm supposed to be drinking a lot of fluids, right?

Which brings me to my dilemma.
It is now 5:37 am and I need to be up in less than an hour to get ready for church...

Do I go back to bed and watch the red numbers on the clock turn one at a time, or do I just stay up?

Tomorrow will be a long day. There is a play practice after church, which means we won't get home until 4:00ish.
I guess I can always hide in my office and sleep while Matthew and Ben are in rehearsal, but I was hoping to get a lot of stuff done in that time.

I think I may just stay up. You know what would happen if I tried to go back to sleep now, don't you? I would lay in bed, again watching the numbers change on the clock, and gently fall asleep at 6:29 am... just in time to hear the alarm go off at 6:30.

I'm praying God imparts some supernatural energy to get me through the morning.



--

No comments: