Saturday, November 10, 2007

God does have a sense of humor... He gave me boys.

It's been awhile since I've blogged.
Honestly, I've just felt like I have... blogger's block.
Is there such a thing? I don't know, but it sounds appropriate.
I think I'm looking a little too hard for topics.

To find this elusive thing called inspiration, I decided to ask my teen boys for help. Now there's a brilliant idea.
The brief conversation went something like this:

"I need to blog something guys, what should I write about?"

Ben: "Me! You should blog about me."
Ah it's nice to see the modesty we've instilled in our children really shine in moments like this.

Me: "What exactly should I say about you?"

Ben: "I don't know, I broke my arm - you could write about that."


So, here we go...

Ben fractured his wrist and he's a bit of a drama king. (Ben, how'd I do?)


Alright, not really, I just like to tease him. Ben has the beginning stages of osteoporosis (I don't know how it's spelled, so just pretend that's right).
The funny thing is that his breaks/fractures always happen at church. I guess better there than at home. I'd end up with CPS at my door.
This time it happened when he was at a Youth Retreat.
Exactly how did it happen you may ask?
He tried to jump over a tennis net... and missed.

He just got his cast off about two weeks ago and has been wearing a brace. The really gross part... he kept the cast. OK, I totally get that your friends signed it, but yuck!
That thing is... well... yuck... he's such a boy.




There it is. Tell me, does that scream antibacterial cleaner, or what?


Alrighty then.
Broken arm subject - check.


Moving along in my conversation on what to blog about, Alex had a different answer:

Alex: "Write about Brandon and the salsa today!"

This... well... this is almost as gross as the cast.

Today the Dads Group had a breakfast at the church.
I was there getting all of the paperwork together and doing some debriefing/hanging out afterwards (just in case your wondering why I'm at a Dads event).
Long story short, they had breakfast burritos and there was a quart of salsa left.

The next thing I heard were some of the guys saying things like:
"Do it dude!"
"No way! You won't do that!" (That right there clinched the deal.)

The next thing I know, Brandon's standing in the hall drinking the salsa... the whole quart.
Yep! That's my boy. I'm so proud.

Really, he's a great young man.
He'll just have to learn this lesson the hard way... what goes in, must come out.

2 comments:

Desi Brown said...

SWo glad to see you and the boys are doing well. The Brown's miss you guys!

By the way, remember the time your husband had a dream I was pregnant and less than anyear later I couldn't stop getting pregnant? The Brown's are baking number three!

Tammy said...

Yeah! Baby number 3!!! How exciting!
I'm heading over to your family site to post now. :)